The board games, they just... Keep. On. Coming.
Hello Gaming Library Family!
It’s been a whirlwind year, so much so that even we’re surprised that it’s already November!
Over the course of this past year, we’d been dealt a whirlwind of board game titles here at Gaming Library, and more new titles just keep coming our way. We’ve got great fresh titles to share with you all—straight from GEN CON, Spiel Essen, CMON Expo, and other major cons!—and we’re elated to be able to be the ones to bring them all to you.
One of the biggest advantages in playing in All Aboard XP is being able to try and play games that are not yet available in the Philippines. Rest assured they will be available in stores and online at www.gaminglib.com soon!New Games in All Aboard XP:
- Catch Sketch
- In the Korean speed drawing game Catch Sketch, players have to draw images to explain a keyword as quickly as they can. The active player must guess the keyword by looking at images drawn by the fastest players. But an incorrect guess means the chance to score gets passed down to the next fastest player. Draw quickly but recognizably in order to win!
- Dying Message
- In the wee hours of the night, a light still shines brightly in the penthouse suite of a hotel. A crowd-filled, energetic private party has turned sour… a body is found dead in the room at the end of the hallway. Fear has come over the guests, everyone is now a suspect…Players must work together and find evidence in order to vote for who they think is the murderer. One wrong decision though, and you put the lives of the innocent in danger. Will you be able to weed out the murderer and solve this mystery in this Thai mystery game?
- In this competitive word-association game, players aim to score the most points by writing down answers that match other people in the group. Be careful with your words! If your answer doesn't match anybody in the group, you’re jinxed and receive no points. However, if you manage to match with only one other person, you score more points - it's a JinxO!
- That's You
- Are you the nerd, the jock, the princess, or the weirdo of the group? Find out in That’s You, a party game from Indonesia about letting your friends know exactly what you think about them. A player designated Clue Giver will be secretly assigned one out of six traits that she will have to indicate to the other players. They’ll have to guess who's most and least likely to rock that trait. Team effort, you know? Nail the clues, score points. It's like a fun mirror reflecting who you really are to your pals. And if the trait description doesn't fit anyone else... yep, you got it – That’s You!
- Cat in the Box
キャットインザボックス (Cat in the Box) is a trick-taking card game from Japan, based upon ideas from quantum mechanics. Players play cards from their hands of different values. But the color of the card is not determined until the card is played, and the cat is let out of the box.
Played over three rounds for three players, and four rounds for four, players begin by making a bid on the number of tricks they will win, based only upon the value of their hand cards. All values and colors for cards played must be unique, otherwise a paradox is formed, thus ending the round. Players will score for tricks they win, and score more for completing their bid. Players must balance trying to win tricks to their bid with avoiding forming a paradox, forcing the round to end and incurring penalties.
- Ticket to Ride: Europe
- Like the original Ticket to Ride, this Europe offshoot (the same relatively simple game we’ve come to know and love) takes players from city-to-city across turn-of-the-century Europe. Collect and play various types of train cards in order to place pieces on the board and claim railway routes in Europe, slowly but surely connecting cities using ticket cards. Players earn points both from placing trains and completing tickets, but uncompleted tickets lose them points. The player with the most points at the end of the game wins!
- In Anomia, players draw and reveal a card from the center pile. If the suit on a player’s card matches one on another player's card, both players must quickly face-off by giving an example that fits the category on their card before they can do the same for yours. Whoever first declares a correct answer first wins the other player’s card and the drawing continues. Sounds simple enough, however Wild cards allow non-matching symbols to match, increasing the number of things to which you must pay attention. Anomia plays off the fact that our minds are positively brimming with all sorts of random information: things to eat, pop songs, websites, etc... Sure, under normal circumstances, it's easy to give an example of a frozen food or a dog breed, but you'll find that your brain works a little differently under pressure!
- Lift It Party
- Lift It! Party is one such title that subverts those expectations: a dexterity game in which players within a time limit, must use colorful blocks to build structures according to a pre-assigned card. The caveat? You can’t use your hands! Instead, you use cranes that you attach to your forehead to individually pick up the pieces and stack them one on top of the other to build a structure that most closely matches the one depicted on the card assigned to you. (PH Edition coming soon!)
- Spot It
- Dobble, also known as Spot It!, is a simple pattern recognition game where players try to find an image shown on two cards. Each card in the original Spot it! features eight different symbols, each varying in size from card to card, with any two cards having exactly one symbol in common. In the basic Spot it! game, players reveal one card, then another. Whoever spots the symbol in common on both cards claims the first card, then another card is revealed for players to search, and so on. Whoever has collected the most cards when the 55-card deck runs out wins!
Drop by your nearest All aBOARD XP to try these new titles with friends! Our branches are located in SM North EDSA The Block, Greenbelt 5, Uptown Mall BGC, and Shangri La. Don’t forget to take part in our major Black Friday Sale this November 23-27 (Perfect for early Christmas Gift shopping!), and we’re constantly looking forward to new drops that you might want to inquire about, so head now to your nearest Gaming Library branch, or visit the Gaming Library website for more updates!