Happy New Year, Gaming Library Fam!
The start of a new year is the perfect time to discover and play new board games, as well as introduce others to the wonderful world of tabletop gaming. We've compiled a list of our most anticipated games for 2022, as featured on our Glive episode last January 12, 2022.
Please note that these are our (Willo and Duane's) current personal picks, and they are subject to change. Additionally, some of these games are not releasing in 2022, but they are not yet available in the PH.
- Last Message: In Last Message, the victim of the crime provides four rounds of clues to aid the detectives in identifying the offender. The victim has 30 seconds to draw and write in a 3x3 grid in order to provide clues in a round, but the criminal can partially erase these drawings before providing the clues.
- Stella: Dixit Universe: The Dixit universe's Stella game is a combative one. Players decipher Dixit cards on a board in each round after being given a common clue word. Each participant looks at the Dixit cards and secretly connects them to the clue word, marking the relevant cards on their erasable personal slates. You can gain more points by choosing the same cards as the other players. On the other hand, choosing a card that no one else picks could cost you a lot of money.
- Familiar Tales: For 1-4 players, Familiar Tales is a cooperative deck-building fantasy adventure. Players assume the roles of a wizard's familiars who are tasked with rescuing and caring for a lost princess in this thrilling narrative game. When it comes to children, it is not enough to merely survive; they must keep her safe from the evil forces that would see her dead! Every decision the familiars make will have an impact on the child they are caring for. What kind of woman will reign on the throne if they succeed and retake it?
- Wayfarers of the South Tigris: In the year 820 AD, at the height of the Abbasid Caliphate, Wayfarers of the South Tigris takes place. Players set out from Baghdad to map the nearby terrain, waterways, and celestial spheres in the role of daring explorers, cartographers, and astronomers. Players are required to carefully manage their caravan of laborers and equipment while reporting back frequently to the House of Wisdom to journal their discoveries. Will you be able to impress the Caliph, or will you get lost and perish in the wilderness?
- Now or Never: In the game Now or Never, you and up to three friends compete to rebuild your ancestral village the best and lead the remaining villagers home. Although the meteorite's creatures have lost a lot of their strength, many of them still exist, and you must repel them to safeguard the roving villagers. The third game in the Arzium storybook series, which also includes Above and Below and Near and Far, is Now or Never.
- Kingdomino Origins: The gameplay of Kingdomino Origins is similar to that of the original game, but it adds new elements for extra actions and new ways to earn points. If there is fire in any of your territory's regions, you will receive points. Either your terrain contains fire or you earn it by stacking dominoes with volcanoes.
Dune: Imperium – Rise of Ix:
Conflict spreads across the Imperium in Dune: Imperium – Rise of Ix, the first expansion to the award-winning board game.
- Enter the fray as one of three new Great Houses with unique leader abilities.
- Acquire technological innovations from the planet Ix for a lasting strategic advantage.
- Deploy fearsome dreadnoughts to rule the skies above Arrakis.
- Dispatch subtle infiltrators to outmaneuver your opponents.
- Dominate the Imperium in the new Epic game mode for a more intense, high-stakes challenge.
- Flamecraft: In Flamecraft, one to five players assume the role of Flamekeepers, gathering resources, setting up dragons, and casting spells to improve the town's shops. The Flamekeepers are aware of which shops are the best homes for each of the different types of dragons (bread, meat, iron, crystal, plant, and potion). To obtain items and a favor from a dragon, go to a shop. Gathered materials can be used to enchant a store, gaining the respect and loyalty of every dragon there. You will have the chance to build even more reputation if you are fortunate enough to draw fancy dragons.
- Stardew Valley: The Board Game: Based on the video game Stardew Valley by Eric Barone, this cooperative board game is about farming and friendship. Help your fellow farmers defend the Valley against the evil JojaMart Corporation by working together! You'll need to farm, fish, make friends, and find a variety of other resources to accomplish your grandpa's goals and restore the community center in order to do this. Explore the Mine, raise animals, and collect a variety of items. Develop strong skills and upgrades, and as the seasons change, see if you can keep Stardew Valley's magic alive.
- Artisans of Splendent Vale: The Artisans of Splendent Vale is a cooperative adventure game set in a magical and unique land. As a troupe of artisans, you will explore the beauty of the Splendent Vale while honing your individual crafts. Overcome challenges during tactical action scenes played out on specialized grid maps, then experience individual interludes to build your story, separately from the group’s tale. Teamwork and careful strategy will be crucial during these encounters.
Willo: Marvel Zombies, Merchants of the Dark Road, Corrosion, Golem, Furnace Duane: Last Light, Mythwind, The Dark Quarter, La Granja Deluxe, The Palaces Of Carrara 2nd Edition
What games are you most excited about in 2022? Share your picks in the comments below!
About Gaming Library
Gaming Library aims to be the go-to resource for board games, providing not only titles that can be enjoyed by families, but also to be enjoyed by friends both newcomers and veterans alike. By pulling from different resources from all over the world, we at Gaming Library curate an impressive collection of games for consumers to choose from, suitable for anybody from casual players to hardcore hobbyists. In doing so, we hope to provide the best means to foster activities that strengthen family ties and friendships, while teaching relevant skills and practical critical thinking that can be applied to your everyday life.